7 c. Renaissance concert lute by Stephen Barber and Sandi Harris. After an anonymous lute labelled: “in Padov 1595”.

Selling instruments
Forumsregeln
Bitte lesen Sie die Regeln des Flohmarktes.
Forumrules
Please read the classified rules.
Antworten
Alejandrob
Groß-Brummer
Name: Alejandro Baleta

7 c. Renaissance concert lute by Stephen Barber and Sandi Harris. After an anonymous lute labelled: “in Padov 1595”.

Beitrag von Alejandrob » Mi 13. Mai 2020, 02:44

Dear friends, I sell a fantastic and precious seven-course concert lute made by Stephen Barber and Sandi Harris. It´s a luxury instrument, extremly beautiful, and sounds great.

Features:

- 9 ribs in a very highly-figured, hard “Holbein” maple, extremely ornamental. The ribs were finished with oil-based amber varnish.. It is made from a very rare and scarce type of highly ornamental maple called “Holbein Maple”, since its grain closely resembles that of the lute in Hans Holbein's famous painting "The Ambassadors" (1533)
- Fingerboard: highly-figured satinwood, edged with ebony and bone. Bone fingerboard points.
- Soundboard: Haselfichte "bearclaw" spruce, very ornamental, and of the highest quality.
- Neck and pegbox: pear.
- Pegs: heart-shaped pegs made in pernambuco.
- Bridge: with stylized flowers carved at its ends.
- Rose: replica of the rose found on the original lute.
- String length: 57,6 cm (Currently tuned in G, but also allows tuning to A, and works great at both 440 and 415 Hz).

Very clear, well-balanced tone, exceptionally clear treble and mid-range; very responsive. Good basses. It's incredibly resonant. it plays absolutely effortlessly. The neck is a dream to play, the finish and choice of wood is outstanding.
It has been made using features of the early 16th Century 7-course lutes, including a plain, unveneered neck and pegbox, a pale-coloured fingerboard, a bridge with stylized flowers carved at its ends, and heart-shaped pegs (rather like the style seen in early 16th Century iconography, and on the Georg Gerle lute). The rose design used on this model is that found on the original lute.
The lute is almost brand new. I have taken care of it with great care, as you can see it in the photos. It has a Kingham case.

Located in Spain (Zaragoza).
Contact by p. m. for more information, photos, price and payment conditions.
Alejandro.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Gerlind
Groß-Brummer
Name: Gerlind Puchinger

Re: 7 c. Renaissance concert lute by Stephen Barber and Sandi Harris. After an anonymous lute labelled: “in Padov 1595”.

Beitrag von Gerlind » Do 14. Mai 2020, 07:53

Hello Alejandro,
I am very interested in your renaissance lute! Is there a chance to try to play it? And what is the price?
Best regards, Gerlind

Alejandrob
Groß-Brummer

Re: 7 c. Renaissance concert lute by Stephen Barber and Sandi Harris. After an anonymous lute labelled: “in Padov 1595”.

Beitrag von Alejandrob » Do 14. Mai 2020, 12:50

Dear Gerlind,

I have just answered you by mail. Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Alejandro.

Josephine
Groß-Brummer
Name: Josephine Krushev Vólkova

Beitrag von Josephine » Mi 20. Mai 2020, 00:32

Hi, Alejandro. Sent you a pm.
Thanks.
Josephine

Alejandrob
Groß-Brummer

Beitrag von Alejandrob » Fr 22. Mai 2020, 16:59

Dear Josephine,

I have just answered you by mail. Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Alejandro.

Antworten